California has the oldest statewide sexual harassment training requirements in the country. These requirements are covered by AB 1825, AB 2053, SB 396 and SB 1343. Each successive law added to the requirements for sexual harassment training. In summary, the current California sexual harassment training requirements are as follows:
- Supervisors must take at least two hours of sexual harassment training
- Non-Supervisors must take at least one hour of sexual harassment training
- Training must occur within six months of the employee starting the position (and every two years thereafter)
- Covers all employers with at least 5 employees
California Online Sexual Harassment Training
Sexual Harassment Class has been conducting online training since 2005. We've trained tens of thousands of students and have continued to adapt our curriculum to meet the needs of our clients and their employees. Our trainings include the following features for California employees:
- Standard Course is two hours long (required by AB 1825)
- Interactive format with the ability to ask questions to our instructors
- Curriculum include information on abusive conduct (required by AB 2053)
- Curriculum includes information on harassment based on gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation (required by SB 396)
- Administrative area to allow an employeer to monitor and assign classes to all employees and download completion certificates
- Advanced class is available with additional tools for employees to learn how to deal with stress, develop empathy, and effectively communicate with other workers and supervisors.
- New 1 hour course for non-supervisory employees (required by SB 1343)
How to Enroll in our Trainings
If you need a class for yourself or a single employee, then go to our Registration Page and select the Single Class Purchase. You'll create a single login for the employee to create the class.
If you have multiple employees that need to take a training, go to our Registration Page and select the Multiple Class Package. You can choose how many classes to purchase at once and all classes include volume discounts.
If you have questions on how to enroll or what requirements you need to meet, please feel free to Contact Us. We're happy to talk to you by phone or communicate via email.